Monday, August 3, 2015
Posted by Aberdeener at 4:54 PM
Thursday, March 5, 2015
- The township’s million dollar water project did not cause flooding in his house
- Had two experts visit his house who “cannot tell us anything the Township did is causing water in your basement”
- Will not release the reports of those “two experts”
- Offered Mr. Rizkalla $19,000 to go away
- That he’s welcome to get a lawyer and sue
Thursday, November 13, 2014
Perusing Aberdeen’s 2014 Municipal Budget, I noticed the following:
Sheet 12 –
Administrative Salaries increased 37% in one year to $168,979
Financial Salaries increased 6% this year and 56% since 2007 to $164,242
Sheet 13 –
Tax Collection Salaries increased 7% this year to $111,927
Tax Assessment Salaries increased 14% this year to $71,500
Sheet 14 –
Employee Group Health Insurance increased 113% since 2007 and is now $1.72 million
It’s wonderful to know that public service can be so rewarding.
>>> Read more!
Posted by Aberdeener at 9:54 AM
Sunday, May 4, 2014
On March 4th, the residents of Freneau submitted a petition to the Aberdeen Town Council requesting sewers. Both Deputy Mayor Montone and Councilman Cannon assured the residents the town was working “very hard”. Councilman Cannon added, “We realize it is not fair that you are paying taxes and everyone gets their streets and sidewalks done and you get nothing.”
Deputy Montone twice assured the residents the council was making “progress”. How did she define “progress”? The council has made lots of plans.
Welcome to Neverland where the future is always bright and there’s a plan to solve every problem. Taxes too high? There’s a plan for a transit village and another plan for the redevelopment of Anchor Glass. Cost of housing too high? There’s a plan for a senior residence and low-income housing. Concerned about pay-to-play? The town council has a plan for that as well. Whatever problem you may have, rest assured the town council has a plan. Lots of plans. Wonderful plans. And if those plans don’t work, the town council will make new plans. Better plans. Plans that will amaze and astound.
Such is the beauty of living in Neverland where a majority of voters never grows up. >>> Read more!
Posted by Aberdeener at 12:58 PM
Tuesday, December 31, 2013
- I will no longer believe politicians who promise me something for nothing
- I will no longer trust politicians to fix all my problems
- I will no longer trust politicians to care for me and my family
- I will no longer believe politicians who promise to protect me by stripping me of my rights
- I will no longer believe politicians can fix a problem by simply writing a law or taking a vote
- I will no longer believe nice and caring implies effective and competent
- I will no longer trust politicians who promise to fix problems after their terms of office
- I will no longer trust politicians who promise to fix broken promises
- I will no longer trust politicians who think I’m stupid for believing they mean what they say
- I will no longer trust politicians who are more giving with other people’s monies than their own
- I will no longer support politicians who think I work for them
- I will no longer support politicians who take all the credit and none of the blame
Posted by Aberdeener at 9:50 AM